SpineUniverse Community Advice
Get help and share your story with others who know what you're going through.
Please register or log in to join the discussions!

Need advise

Started by roguelyn1 on 03/28/2017 8:18am

I am not sure what all this means. Anyone educated? I am trying to figure out the best plan of attack as I am having a ton of trouble moving around right now. I am starting physical therapy and getting a tens unit along with a numbing cream.

Severe disc space narrowing and facet hypertrophy L5-S1. Moderate to severe
disc space narrowing and facet hypertrophy at L4-L5.

Do you find this discussion helpful?

1 Response


Hi, roguelyn1--thanks for taking the time to post!

We aren't medical professionals, but we'd like to offer some information for you to check out. Has your doctor mentioned spondylosis to you? If he or she did, we have lots of great content about this condition, including the most common and effective treatment options. You can connect to all of our information on this condition using this link ( Spondylosis (Spinal Osteoarthritis) Center ).

Your doctor may has also mentioned degenerative disc disease. We have a wealth of content related to that condition that you may also find interesting ( Degenerative Disc Disease Center ).

We think starting a physical therapy program is an excellent course of action, as it's so effective at managing pain from spinal problems. Keep us posted on how it works for you--and we hope you move easier and feel better soon!